The Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN) promotes the creation, dissemination and use of ‘open knowledge.’ As part of this activity OKFN developed a data repository called CKAN, and has seen this become increasingly important to a range of data dissemination activities such as data.gov.uk and publicdata.eu.
In this podcast I talk with OKFN Director Rufus Pollock and CKAN Product Owner Irina Bolychevsky, to learn more about CKAN, its use in the context of open data, and the wider implications for dissemination of any data (whether open or closed).
Following up on a blog post that I wrote at the start of 2012, this is the tenth in an ongoing series of podcasts with key stakeholders in the emerging category of Data Markets.
- Open Knowledge Releases Open Data Handbook 1.0 (readwriteweb.com)
- Data Market Chat: Leigh Dodds discusses Kasabi (cloudofdata.com)
- Data for the public good (radar.oreilly.com)
- Data Market Chat: Stephen O’Grady of RedMonk examines the bigger picture (cloudofdata.com)
- Data Market Chat: Nick Edouard discusses BuzzData (cloudofdata.com)